Awesome! - Saab Vintage Models Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main Vintage Models Bulletin Board | BBFAQ |
Prev by Date | Next by Date | Post Followup ]
Member Login / Signup - Members see fewer ads. - Latest Member Gallery Photos
Posted by jimmy (more from jimmy) on Mon, 16 Nov 2020 18:26:13
In Reply to: Substantial Success - In Search for Obscure Transmission Parts, MI-Roger [Profile/Gallery]
, Sun, 15 Nov 2020 05:57:42
The three speed bellhousing is different than the 4 speed version. Three speed is longer I think.
Those axles are a work of art from the diff to the hub with the key! I have a bunch of those axle parts but those spline nuts were always left behind in the gearbox. I did not know there were 2 sizes, but it does not surprise me.
I just emerged from an early 2 stroke rabbit hole, it was a good journey!
posted by 65.19.26...
Posts in this Thread:
- Searching for Obscure Transmission Parts, MI-Roger , Fri, 13 Nov 2020 15:06:36
- Substantial Success - In Search for Obscure Transmission Parts, MI-Roger , Sun, 15 Nov 2020 05:57:42
- Awesome!, jimmy, Mon, 16 Nov 2020 18:26:13 <-- Viewing This Message
- The 3-speed is shorter by 0.400 inches, MI-Roger , Sun, 23 May 2021 07:13:01
- I will be making Spline Nuts since none seem to exist, MI-Roger , Tue, 17 Nov 2020 07:46:09
- The splined nuts........, jimmy, Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:13:10
- Still searching for (2) Splined Nuts, MI-Roger , Fri, 29 Jan 2021 14:54:09
- Well, I may need more parts........, MI-Roger , Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:53:21
- Re: The splined nuts........, MI-Roger , Fri, 20 Nov 2020 12:22:47
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!