1994-2002 [Subscribe to Daily Digest]
|[Main NG900 & OG93 Bulletin Board | BBFAQ |
Prev by Date | Next by Date | Post Followup ]
Member Login / Signup - Members see fewer ads. - Latest Member Gallery Photos
Viggen Questions (long) Posted by fdw201 [Email] (#2066) [Profile/Gallery] (more from fdw201) on Sun, 14 Jun 2020 14:09:38 Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
Having bought my Viggen 7 years ago, I have put very little money into it - just DIC, plugs, valve cover gasket... the basics.
At 114k, I have begun collecting parts as I move into the next 2 years where I want to tackle the major projects as part of the restoration.
1. The matte Viggen body trim - any solutions on how to best restore? Is repainting the right way to go? It is painted, right? I read somewhere the paint code for those trim pieces is 281. Is that right?
2. The "3" of my 9-3 logo on the trunk has fallen off. I still have it. Suggestions on adhesive for reattaching?
3. Has anyone had their front bumper repaired and repainted? Mine has minimal cracking, but some. Any ballpark idea on the cost? I am also due for a hood repaint!
4. Has anyone figured out a solution for where the passenger airbag seam is separating from the dash? It might be something I live with.
5. Other than the clutch, vert top, engine mounts, suspension, brakes - is there something else I should consider as I'm planning out my budget? Engine was already rebuilt due to sludge, and has the PCV 6 update.
We are very fortunate to have an awesome Saab mechanic here in Nashville (Moose proof automotive) so I know I can lean on him for any suggestions once he is in tackling some other things.
->Posting last edited on Sun, 14 Jun 2020 14:11:00.
_______________________________________ 01 9-3 Viggen 03 9-5 Arc
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.