Re: Transport of car to an out-of-state buyer... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I have no idea about the legality of this, but when I bought a car from out of state, I taped the bill of sale to the rear window, drove home, and used the bill of sale to register the car and pay sales tax. Perhaps I got away with it because no one stopped me, but it felt logical at the time. Individual sellers do not have access to the temporary plates.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- buy a car in a different state, Liam, Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:40:43
- Vermont DMV info seems to give the solution, KDA, Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:23:50
- Similar story to John..., JustinHiFi , Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:28:22
- we had a funny experience with this last year (long), John in Bismarck, Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:24:15
- I had this issue recently, Rod , Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:19:52
- From the DMV..., Liam, Wed, 11 Mar 2009 03:00:26
- In Vermont, Wayfarer , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:38:18
- its either VT or MA, Adam , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:24:12
- Start with your insurance agent, Noel, Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:28:47
- apart from Herb's method, which would work,, TimBrown, Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:20:03
- Transport of car to an out-of-state buyer..., Herb Hirsch , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:04:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|M Car Covers
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!