Start with your insurance agent - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
you will need to have the car insured regardless, so start there. Then talk to the DMV (or whatever it's called in VT). Your insurance agent can probably tell you what to do.
If you actually consummate the deal before you go to get the car and have a notarized bill of sale, VT may be able to issue you plates (perhaps temporaries) that you can take with you to GA to get the car. Then you just put the plates on the car and off you go. Your insurance agent will either give you a regular insurance card or a binder as proof of insurance.
I live in NH and bought a car from a used car shop in NJ. I just got a binder from my insurance agent. The dealer gave me temporary tags so those weren't an issue.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- buy a car in a different state, Liam, Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:40:43
- Vermont DMV info seems to give the solution, KDA, Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:23:50
- Similar story to John..., JustinHiFi , Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:28:22
- we had a funny experience with this last year (long), John in Bismarck, Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:24:15
- I had this issue recently, Rod , Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:19:52
- From the DMV..., Liam, Wed, 11 Mar 2009 03:00:26
- In Vermont, Wayfarer , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:38:18
- its either VT or MA, Adam , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:24:12
- Start with your insurance agent, Noel , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:28:47 <-- Viewing This Message
- apart from Herb's method, which would work,, TimBrown, Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:20:03
- Transport of car to an out-of-state buyer..., Herb Hirsch , Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:04:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!