Definitely contest it.... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
My roommate got a ticket a little while ago right around the same area on the Pike that you were. His was 78 in a 65 I think. When he showed up to the hearing, the Statie didn't show up (which is VERY common) and the ticket is automatically dismissed that in that case. A similar thing happened to me, but with the Boston police.
BTW, in MA, the first hearing is with a magistrate and the statie that nabbed you or a representative - no judges or attorneys or anything like that unless you decide to take it to trial. You have pretty good odds that the statie won't even show, and you'll be a free man. Almost silly not to give it a shot...
1995 9000 Super CS
2001 9-3 SE Convertible (gone but still in the family)
2004 9-3 Aero Convertible (sold but in good hands)
2007 9-3 Aero SS
2008 9-3 Aero Convertible
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. Support Saabnet.com - Become a Member - Signup
- OT: My Aero finally got me a speeding ticket., B Millar , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:09:33
- Always Always Always go to court, Mario M , Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:47:19
- Court Costs, EGD , Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:30:04
- What your insurance doesn't know..., Johnson, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:54:52
- For 20 MPH over, I'd get the help of a traffic attorney, AeroBaron, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:09:30
- Don't tell the Judge you were speeding up, MI-Roger , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:23:54
- Okay so here's the ticket. Hieroglyphic Crayon., B Millar , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:31:22
- I notice he didn't check off which law you violated, turrbo , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:36:50
- I see 85 both places, he just dragged the pen....also.., Skip, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:51:18
- what's the deal?, Siegfried, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:53:01
- The no-show cop scenario, Steve T., Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:10:03
- Traffic school option?, Mike Lynch , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:47:54
- Definitely contest it., Noel , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:43:38
- would explaining the fact on the spot helped?, Sam89, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:33:07
- Re: OT: My Aero finally got me a speeding ticket., dtechakacheaptech, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:18:40
- 20 MPH over the limit makes a differnce., Gene N , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:16:42
- Re: OT: My Aero finally got me a speeding ticket., EGD , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:33:26
- So, is everyone should be driving 55 mph?, dmz789qqq, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:54:48
- sure, laws are enacted to be broken (n/m), Siegfried, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:14:57
- Re: So, is everyone should be driving 55 mph?, EGD , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:09:07
- Re: So, is everyone should be driving 55 mph?, Snowmobile , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:15:54
- Definitely contest it...., turrbo , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:26:21 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: OT: My Aero finally got me a speeding ticket., Craig, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:01:40
- Re: OT: My Aero finally got me a speeding ticket., Snowmobile , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 07:13:43
- CT tickets do not count in MA., dmz789qqq, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:59:12
- Re: OT: My Aero finally got me a speeding ticket., Dan-O, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:21:54
- Well.., John J, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:27:25
- Re: Well.., ZAAB , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:56:02
- Re: Well.., dmz789qqq, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 07:10:48
- Re: Well.., bcharliek, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 07:04:25
- Love my Valentine One., poop deck pappy , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:55:32
- +1., Simon S, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:26:37
- I like the sounds of that., B Millar , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:32:21
- don't be a cheapskate - you get what you pay for. nm, Simon S, Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:27:31
- Absolutely, it's a hard buy to make but, poop deck pappy , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:19:04
- Valentine, ZAAB , Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:05:00
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!