Health Insurance Benefits Question - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I feel like a selfish brat asking this (I'm tremendously grateful to be gainfully employed at all right out of college and making a decent living), but I'm mainly asking out of pure curiosity. I work for a small(ish) construction consulting company. It provides all of its full time employees with discounted health insurance benefits. They pay a pretty big chunk of it and then take the rest out of the employees' paychecks. Pretty standard. I however, do NOT take advantage of the insurance benefits, because I am still covered by my mother's health insurance. I think it's nuts too, but as long as I don't get married I can be on there until I turn 26, so I'm not complaining.
So my question is... is it appropriate to use this as a negotiation tactic when you're up for review and a salary increase?
->Posting last edited on Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:45:39.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Health Insurance Benefits Question, B Millar , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:44:54 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Name Left Blank, Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:16:31
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Steve in CT, Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:53:30
- Thanks for the input, everyone., B Millar , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:18:39
- Rainy Day Fund, EGD , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:58:48
- Re: Thanks for the input, everyone., steve, Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:59:56
- Congrats on passing your EIT!, RS , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:39:43
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, EGD , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:19:17
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, turrbo , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:43:19
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, dtechakacheaptech, Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:53:13
- My take on it, MI-Roger , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:32:05
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:26:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!