Re: Congrats on passing your EIT! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Taking the EIT was one of the requirements for graduation at Georgia Tech when I was a senior 1979-1980. You didn't have to pass it, you just had to take it. Several people I know walked in, signed their names, and walked out. The problem was the State of Georgia at the time registered your exact numerical score from the test, not just 'pass' or 'fail,' and a 'zero' looks ugly on that transcript to a prospective employer as a new college grad.
I never intended on being a PE and have never had the need for it in 32+ years of engineering employment but you most likely would need it as a CE, especially if you want to consult or start your own business.
FWIW, I interviewed for a position eight years after graduation and the interviewer was a Georgia Tech grad from just a few years prior to my graduation. He actually asked me what my numerical score was. I got the job and have been with that company now 25 years.
->Posting last edited on Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:29:29.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Health Insurance Benefits Question, B Millar , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:44:54
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Name Left Blank, Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:16:31
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Steve in CT, Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:53:30
- Thanks for the input, everyone., B Millar , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:18:39
- Rainy Day Fund, EGD , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:58:48
- Re: Thanks for the input, everyone., steve, Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:59:56
- Congrats on passing your EIT!, RS , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:39:43
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, EGD , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:19:17
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, turrbo , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:43:19
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, dtechakacheaptech, Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:53:13
- My take on it, MI-Roger , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:32:05
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:26:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!