Congratulations and on to the next steps! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
PE in four years, then apply for your NCEES Council Record. For this step you MUST create a CV that you maintain actively throughout your working career, as well as maintaining contact with supervisors/co-workers/other PEs that can attest to the accuracy of your CV when you apply for the Council Record.
There are a few States (New Hampshire is one) that does not have a reciprocity/comity process for Engineers other than: retesting within the State (Yuck!); or applying through the NCEES Council Record program.
I did the EIT in '79, the PE in '83, but didn't get my Council Record until '09 when things looked really bleak and I realized I may need to move to another State to secure employment. It is not a good idea to wait until you are in your 50's to start this and then find yourself scouring the country for 80+ year old former Supervisors to support your CV!
Although it looks as if the PMP certification may currently be more valuable than the PE - at least at the company where my current employer hahs me installed.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Health Insurance Benefits Question, B Millar , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:44:54
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Name Left Blank, Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:16:31
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Steve in CT, Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:53:30
- Thanks for the input, everyone., B Millar , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:18:39
- Rainy Day Fund, EGD , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:58:48
- Re: Thanks for the input, everyone., steve, Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:59:56
- Congrats on passing your EIT!, RS , Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:39:43
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, EGD , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:19:17
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, turrbo , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:43:19
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, dtechakacheaptech, Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:53:13
- My take on it, MI-Roger , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:32:05
- Re: Health Insurance Benefits Question, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:26:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!