Wipers up in the snow? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | BBFAQ |
Prev by Date | Next by Date | Post Followup ]
Member Login / Signup - Members see fewer ads. - Latest Member Gallery Photos
Wipers up in the snow?
Posted by steve (more from steve) on Thu, 2 Jan 2014 18:14:51
Not all cars can have the wipers stay up. For those that can, do you leave them up or down when it snows? I don't leave them mine in case they snap down and break the windshield. Others seem less concerned about that. Are they made to stay up just for windshield cleaning and blade changing or also during snow/ice.
It would be nice to see more cars offer defrost wires on the windshield perimeter as an alternative snow/ice melting option.
posted by 71.190.21...
Posts in this Thread:
- Wipers up in the snow?, steve, Thu, 2 Jan 2014 18:14:51 <-- Viewing This Message
- Very common in Eastern Europe, Bill Homer, Sun, 5 Jan 2014 09:58:57
- Re: Wipers up in the snow?, BobS, Sat, 4 Jan 2014 19:56:55
- Mischief target?, Cary, Sat, 4 Jan 2014 06:04:42
- Re: Wipers up in the snow?, Brucer, Fri, 3 Jan 2014 19:10:09
- Re: Wipers up in the snow?, PGAero , Fri, 3 Jan 2014 15:04:42
- Re: Wipers up in the snow?, Tom G , Fri, 3 Jan 2014 11:24:51
- Re: Wipers up in the snow? YES, a great idea!, Henri L , Fri, 3 Jan 2014 07:21:25
- Can be easier to clear the snow when up, Noel , Fri, 3 Jan 2014 06:05:47
- Doesn't break the windshield. Prevents freezing to it!, U2bC, Fri, 3 Jan 2014 05:02:31
- Re: Wipers up in the snow?, Dennis_MA, Fri, 3 Jan 2014 04:39:02
- Subarus, No Snaab, Fri, 3 Jan 2014 04:30:51
- One of the craziest things I have ever seen....., MI-Roger , Fri, 3 Jan 2014 03:08:48
- Re: Wipers up in the snow?, DE , Thu, 2 Jan 2014 18:24:54
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!