au contraire - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I HATE rakes, possibly the stupidest invention ever.
So when I bought my own house with a yard to maintain, I went and bought the Mac-Daddy of backpack leaf blowers; the Echo PB-770T. I freaking love this thing. Very reasonable weight on my back, not uncomfortable to wear, it's a little noisy, but it makes the job very quick (I can get away with not using ear-protection without my ears ringing after using it). It has cruise control so your thumb doesn't go numb holding the throttle, and it even diverts a little breeze onto your back so you don't get too sweaty. Best part is I can shorten the snout and climb the ladder to blow out my gutters without throwing off my balance holding a handheld blower.
The backyard was quite neglected when I moved in. Two seasons of snow-compressed wet rotting leaves. This thing peeled all that right off along with the layer of moss underneath.
My property is also surrounded by woods on three sides, so sorry OP, I know a leaf blower isn't ideal for you. I get along just fine with my blower and Honda push-mower with the bag on it. My grandfather has a Kohler powered Cub-Cadet riding mower with a rather wide mower deck attached to a chute and triple-bag. That thing is the bees-knees of leaf cleanup but my yard isn't large enough to warrant the expense and storage of something like that.
->Posting last edited on Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:12:01.
Posts in this Thread:
- It's that time of the year...leaves, GFW3pedals , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:14:25
- The ultimate solution, No Snaab, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:36:18
- Lawn tractor and bagger, Noel , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 19:42:18
- Rake the yard 2 times?, Skip, Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:01:35
- Different approach, DE , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:00:39
- Lawn mower with a bag or just mow and throw... n/m, EAnderson, Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:01:38
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, bobc , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:45:10
- Second the use of lawnsweepers!, EricG, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 06:20:30
- Third, RS , Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:40:53
- Patches, EricG, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:27:19
- I wish they pictured the optional baler, MI-Roger , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:23:01
- now that is a nice lawn sweeper, fwd84, Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:01:29
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, BobS, Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:50:09
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, Tom G , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:24:38
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:29:45
- au contraire, B Millar , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:10:10 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!