Lawn tractor and bagger - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I have about 1/2 an acre that requires work. The rest is woods. I use the tractor and try to do it when the leaves are dry. In the 19 years we've lived there I've raked and bagged, raked and loaded it into pickups and trailers, towed a sweeper, and raked leaves into tarps and lugged it to the grass and leaf pile (where it turns into nice soil).
The tractor is the best. But you do have to keep a bit ahead of it so you don't have so many leaves that they plug up the chute from the mower deck to the bags. Wet leaves really make it harder as they plug up the chute more easily.
->Posting last edited on Wed, 15 Oct 2014 19:43:56.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
- It's that time of the year...leaves, GFW3pedals , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:14:25
- The ultimate solution, No Snaab, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:36:18
- Lawn tractor and bagger, Noel , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 19:42:18 <-- Viewing This Message
- Rake the yard 2 times?, Skip, Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:01:35
- Different approach, DE , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:00:39
- Lawn mower with a bag or just mow and throw... n/m, EAnderson, Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:01:38
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, bobc , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:45:10
- Second the use of lawnsweepers!, EricG, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 06:20:30
- Third, RS , Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:40:53
- Patches, EricG, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:27:19
- I wish they pictured the optional baler, MI-Roger , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:23:01
- now that is a nice lawn sweeper, fwd84, Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:01:29
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, BobS, Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:50:09
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, Tom G , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:24:38
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:29:45
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!