Second the use of lawnsweepers! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Second the use of lawnsweepers!
Posted by EricG (more from EricG) on Fri, 17 Oct 2014 06:20:30
In Reply to: Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, bobc [Profile/Gallery]
, Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:45:10
I'm approaching geezerhood, but have used a lawnsweeper all my life. Used to be hi-tech. I've got a 100X200ft lot with lots of trees, and through the fall I sweep, dump the load on a tarp, and drag it to the curb where the village picks up. I mulch a fair number of leaves into the lawn when I mow, but in late Nov. I bag and compost a close cut. This leaves a clean lawn for the winter, allows the neighbor's leaves to blow off my lawn over the winter, and helps prevent fungal problems in the lawn.
I bought my current lawnsweeper at a garage sale 25 yrs ago for $25. It is quiet, effective and fast at picking up leaves. Only use it for a month or two a year, but at a buck a year, it has been a great investment. I also get a lot of stares from commercial lawn companies when they see me using it. I take that as a sign of envy....
posted by 66.72.20...
Posts in this Thread:
- It's that time of the year...leaves, GFW3pedals , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:14:25
- The ultimate solution, No Snaab, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:36:18
- Lawn tractor and bagger, Noel , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 19:42:18
- Rake the yard 2 times?, Skip, Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:01:35
- Different approach, DE , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:00:39
- Lawn mower with a bag or just mow and throw... n/m, EAnderson, Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:01:38
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, bobc , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:45:10
- Second the use of lawnsweepers!, EricG, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 06:20:30 <-- Viewing This Message
- Third, RS , Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:40:53
- Patches, EricG, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:27:19
- I wish they pictured the optional baler, MI-Roger , Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:23:01
- now that is a nice lawn sweeper, fwd84, Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:01:29
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, BobS, Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:50:09
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, Tom G , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:24:38
- Re: It's that time of the year...leaves, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:29:45
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!