Re: Summer Air Fares in Europe - strategy for cheap tix? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I don't know much about airline travel tricks, but from some reading over the past few months it seems there are some good ways to win using miles. Things like signing up for credit cards that have favorable promotions which you then convert to miles. A trick I found, specifically, was to sign up for Chase Sapphire Preferred to earn 50,000 points. Those points transfer to British Airways Avion miles, which can be redeemed for partner flights on Alaska Airlines. All said and done, those 50,000 points are good for two roundtrip tickets to Hawaii for me. All for basically free! IIRC there are some similarly good deals with the American Airlines card through Citibank. I've been casually reading thepointsguy.com and flyertalk.com to better grasp how this stuff works. It is convoluted, I suppose, but I'm willing to jump through a couple hoops to save a grand. :)
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Summer Air Fares in Europe - strategy for cheap tix?, Steve T, Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:38:15
- Thanks for the great advice, Steve T, Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:59:29
- take a ferry?, swim, Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:49:41
- Less popular places, Noel , Wed, 14 Jan 2015 07:42:44
- Re: Summer Air Fares in Europe - strategy for cheap tix?, EGD , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 20:48:37
- Just spotted this list-might interest you, adl6009 , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 20:33:32
- You may be too early, Sondeen , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:24:23
- Ryan Air?, MI-Roger , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:58:55
- Hmmm..., PGAero , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:55:17
- Re: Summer Air Fares in Europe - strategy for cheap tix?, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:53:35 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!