Less popular places - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The old trick, that doesn't always work these days, is to go to a less popular destination, then find regional flights or trains to get to your real destination. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, and requires a lot of time looking at a map and other airline options. The mainstream carriers have locked up a lot of the main air hubs, so you need look at the smaller carriers. Aeroflot, LOT, a few others may be more affordable.
Don't know about Norwegian, but Icelandic is a good deal. Some friends used it last year enroute to a wedding in Estonia. Stopped in Iceland for two days, poked around, got back on for flight to Oslo or Stockholm (forget which).
As of today, on Priceline, a trip Jul 1-15, JFK to Lanarca can be done for about a grand/person, round trip. Or $2200, depending on the carrier.
You may be able to get better overall deals if you book hotels and airfare together.
Sometimes you can piece together a trip using multiple carriers, but if you do this it's best to plan on carry on luggage. Allow for lots of time on layovers.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
- Summer Air Fares in Europe - strategy for cheap tix?, Steve T, Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:38:15
- Thanks for the great advice, Steve T, Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:59:29
- take a ferry?, swim, Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:49:41
- Less popular places, Noel , Wed, 14 Jan 2015 07:42:44 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Summer Air Fares in Europe - strategy for cheap tix?, EGD , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 20:48:37
- Just spotted this list-might interest you, adl6009 , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 20:33:32
- You may be too early, Sondeen , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:24:23
- Ryan Air?, MI-Roger , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:58:55
- Hmmm..., PGAero , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:55:17
- Re: Summer Air Fares in Europe - strategy for cheap tix?, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:53:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!