Re: 100 lbs of salt this year, how about you - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I hardly use any salt. I hate what it does to my cars! Actually, I try to shovel as little as possible also. My SAABs like to drive through snow. I do shovel the big dumps and remove the pile from the plow(s)... my driveway was 6" taller by the end of February (compacted snow/ice).
Actually, this year I have been trying to drive the summer car at least 1x per month in winter (on clear dry days) to keep things running well. Seems to still be clean, so salt dust may be a non-concern vs the wet spray on the daily drivers. So I guess snow melting technology has helped me keep up the summer car.
Posts in this Thread:
- 100 lbs of salt this year, how about you, adl6009 , Fri, 20 Mar 2015 21:15:37
- Re: 100 lbs of salt this year, how about you, BobS, Sun, 22 Mar 2015 13:05:47
- About a pound for the walkway and sidewalk., Cary, Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:52:42
- Zero salt or any melter, Skip, Sat, 21 Mar 2015 18:00:06
- Re: 100 lbs of salt this year, how about you, Dennis_MA , Sat, 21 Mar 2015 15:25:06
- Zero here too...., GFW3pedals , Sat, 21 Mar 2015 08:29:15
- Re: 100 lbs of salt this year, how about you, Erik919kt, Sat, 21 Mar 2015 06:17:36
- Re: 100 lbs of salt this year, how about you, Snowmobile , Sat, 21 Mar 2015 05:23:07 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!