Re: Economics of old cars - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
6/18 Reminder: Your Amazon.com Purchases Pay Saabnet! | 4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Lots of good points to consider. For me the body (corrosion), is the breaking point. Body repair (especially frame) is a show stopper for me.
Aside from major engine and tranny problems, most repairs can be done by yourself. The advantage, you gain an understanding of how the car works (besides turning the key) and will gain the confidence to tackle major repairs.
Another advantage of "do-it yourself", you can start/stop work whenever at your schedule and you know who to blame if it's not done right.
This board is a fantastic wealth of knowledge, you should consider purchasing a membership (hope you don't mind my putting is a plug Scott).
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Economics of old cars, steve, Wed, 5 Aug 2015 19:02:05
- Think about this often, Noel, Mon, 17 Aug 2015 08:06:16
- Re: Economics of old cars, IndySaaber , Mon, 10 Aug 2015 07:10:59
- Two Saabs and a new Volvo, Dano in Texas , Sat, 8 Aug 2015 17:01:50
- I'd still be driving my cool 9-5 Sportwagon..., Mike Lynch , Sat, 8 Aug 2015 11:31:36
- Re: Economics of old cars, Tom G , Sat, 8 Aug 2015 10:12:01 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Economics of old cars, Cary, Sat, 8 Aug 2015 06:16:01
- Can you do your own work?, JerseySaab , Thu, 6 Aug 2015 08:30:37
- Re: Economics of old cars, EGD , Thu, 6 Aug 2015 00:49:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!