Re: Just don't select the Lutefisk as your meal - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Below is a response from a TWA Captain that flew wide bodies for many years spanning a career in transport aviation for over 30 years. So, it's a driver using the equipment, not a designer of a system trying to overcome the environment. My next post on this will be from the systems side -- a company in Texas is the pneumatic systems overhaul shop for these devices, and has to test them to certain criteria, so we can find out what the test range is for pressurization.
At that point, it becomes the driver's choice on how to apply pressure and keep the tuna in the back happy. Tuna is our slang for passengers......
Direct quote from the left seat:
We try to run the cabin at as low an altitude as we can and the normal cabin pressure differential is 8.9 PSI with pressure releaf valves at 9.42 PSI, so if we are at 33,000 cruise at 8.9 differential, the cabin is about 3,500 as you mentioned. However, when we climb to 390 or 410 for a long Atlantic crossing, the cabin is above 5,000, On descent below 33,000 we bring the cabin down at about 300-500 feet per minute to let ears adjust to pressure change and keep from fogging the windows. We get the cabin down and cool as soon as we can.
Posts in this Thread:
- Norwegian Airlines?, EGD , Mon, 9 Nov 2015 18:09:48
- I've flown with them a lot. No negative experiences., AdamB , Wed, 11 Nov 2015 03:56:16
- Yelp reviews, EGD , Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:13:22
- Just don't select the Lutefisk as your meal, MI-Roger , Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:26:33
- Re: Just don't select the Lutefisk as your meal, EGD , Tue, 10 Nov 2015 21:53:52
- No, it is nothing the same, SWEDECAR , Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:09:12
- Lutefisk is kinda bland compared to other options..., EAnderson, Wed, 11 Nov 2015 12:13:36
- Oh, I had the process backwards, MI-Roger , Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:47:24
- Re: No, it is nothing the same, EGD , Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:21:37
- Lutefisk translates as Lye Fish, MI-Roger , Wed, 11 Nov 2015 03:19:29
- Re: Just don't select the Lutefisk as your meal, Landjet , Tue, 10 Nov 2015 19:31:23
- Re: Norwegian Airlines?, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Nov 2015 04:11:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!