How about the Ariel Atom! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
These are as bare bones as you can get. Can be insanely fast, track only or streetable.
But they are pricey, as in north of $65K. But you are basically getting a racecar for the street.
For less bucks you can build a Factory Five Cobra or a mid-engine car that uses a Suby drivetrain. Also bare bones, but with all modern electronics. And again, a racecar for the street.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
- Will there ever be another basic sports car?, GFW3pedals , Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:08:16
- How about the Ariel Atom!, Noel , Sun, 17 Jan 2016 14:09:50 <-- Viewing This Message
- Have thought the same thing., Noel , Fri, 15 Jan 2016 07:23:33
- Re: Will there ever be another basic sports car?, cheaptech , Thu, 14 Jan 2016 18:11:33
- What I discovered about myself regarding sports cars, MI-Roger , Thu, 14 Jan 2016 15:38:49
- Re: What I discovered about myself regarding sports cars, EGD , Fri, 15 Jan 2016 16:15:41
- Your probably correct on most points..., GFW3pedals , Fri, 15 Jan 2016 05:53:31
- Great post!, No Snaab, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 04:56:07
- Re: What I discovered about myself regarding sports cars, Dan-O, Thu, 14 Jan 2016 17:01:22
- Base 944's still quite affordable, RodM, Thu, 14 Jan 2016 09:28:14
- Re: Will there ever be another basic sports car?, No Snaab, Thu, 14 Jan 2016 09:24:32
- Re: Will there ever be another basic sports car?, Craig, Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:42:09
- frs/brz, Snowmobile , Fri, 15 Jan 2016 07:56:22
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!