No wonder these scammers keep at it... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
No wonder these scammers keep at it...
Posted by westernny [Email] (more from westernny) on Fri, 4 Mar 2016 07:10:10
In Reply to: Car for sale scam., stopsaabn [Profile/Gallery]
, Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:33:20
My spouse got the "IRS" call, threatening to come and arrest her - it was left on her voicemail with a call back number. Just to see what would happen, she took her phone to the local police station.
The officer who spoke to her shook his head and said, "My mother just got one of those calls this morning..." He then said that there was nothing the local police or other authorities could/would do.
Pretty interesting...there's apparently NO penalty for trying to scam folks out of their money!
posted by 50.48.14...
Posts in this Thread:
- IRS Scam Calls, Scott Paterson , Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:09:101
- Use Nomorobo, it works most of the time...., TKC, Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:23:42
- Here on the east coast, they targeting college students, Notnoel , Fri, 4 Mar 2016 06:25:40
- A sneaky one if you have moved is the jury duty scam, NCCaniac , Thu, 3 Mar 2016 13:12:08
- Re: IRS Scam Calls, Skip, Thu, 3 Mar 2016 12:37:59
- Paypal scam emails, No Snaab, Fri, 4 Mar 2016 15:03:06
- Just as stupid as the "Microsoft tech support" calls, NCCaniac , Thu, 3 Mar 2016 13:06:20
- I have fun with those guys, JerseySaab , Thu, 3 Mar 2016 20:00:09
- I continually get this one, and IRS, and Comcast...., MI-Roger , Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:09:181
- Unfortunately... this one gets people..., Scott Paterson , Thu, 3 Mar 2016 15:58:57
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!