air bag test - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
We have one c900 with airbags and ABS and one that has neither. I also prefer neither, but such is life.
In the c900 manual, it says to take the car back to the dealer to test the air bag system after 10 years. I did that! The dealer had no idea what I was talking about. I believe there was a connector or something (there was a thread on that on the c900 bb) but I have never tested it.
OTOH, there was a fairly recent report over there of someone who unfortunately did get to test the airbag in the c900 (in a collision). Apparently everything worked properly even after all these years and everyone was ok... However, it always sad to hear of another c900 that is gone to the scrapyard!
Airbags do serve as protection from hard (cheap) interiors. The design of earlier SAABs with compressive surfaces everywhere is imho much better. Passive safety is less likely to fail than a safety feature based around electronics, explosives, and a 1 time use based design! I suppose the only downsides are dashboard cracks... ha!
Posts in this Thread:
- Airbag recall notice, Rogerhs, Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:18:24
- Re: What now?, TriCitySam, Sat, 2 Apr 2016 12:35:42
- My 9-2X Recall - 9-3 SportCombi Letter - Airbag Thread, Scott Paterson , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:14:10
- Re: Airbag recall notice, Gene N , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:11:58
- Re: Airbag recall notice, SWEDECAR , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:57:44
- Re: Airbag recall notice, Flyboy , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:22:43
- The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, MI-Roger , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:39:24
- lomg tradition, DE , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:03:12
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, JerseySaab , Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:36:44
- air bag test, Snowmobile , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 06:37:15 <-- Viewing This Message
- Toyota is taking action:" Do not sit here", cheaptech , Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:01:59
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, cheaptech , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:50:41
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, Keith, Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:27:491
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, cheaptech , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:21:35
- Re: Sad, Tom G , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:07:06
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:35:32
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:30:05
- Re: Sad, JerseySaab , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:22:56
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:37:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!