the downsides of cash - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I personally hate making large purchases using paper money. 2 main reasons for this:
1) No paper trail. No record of the transaction. For a car, there is title transfer and registration, which is probably fine if all goes smoothly.
2) I don't like carrying large sums of paper money around - it could be stolen somewhere along the way (various scenarios).
I prefer either a certified check, money order, (both from a bank), or (in Canada, not sure if you can do this in USA) an Interac E-transfer... All of these are as good as cash, but have a paper trail, require a signature or acceptance, get deposited in accounts, etc...
I don't manage my money by stashing it under a pillow so I don't like to transact major purchases that way either!
Posts in this Thread:
- Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Scott Paterson , Mon, 2 May 2016 16:48:01
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, 900T , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 10:46:51
- Certified Check or certified check plus cash, Scott Paterson , Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:37:53
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, et all, neil dale , Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:48:15
- Escrow.com, Scott Paterson , Sat, 7 Apr 2018 10:38:48
- Bank Wire, Scott Paterson , Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:05:44
- Escrow.com, Scott Paterson , Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:32:39
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Dean, Thu, 5 May 2016 08:05:17
- Certified check + call to bank, RodM, Wed, 4 May 2016 14:33:451
- Been on both ends..., Skip, Tue, 3 May 2016 17:28:26
- the downsides of cash, Snowmobile , Tue, 3 May 2016 07:43:16 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Dan-O, Tue, 3 May 2016 06:29:34
- As you said, cash is king, JerseySaab , Mon, 2 May 2016 17:31:12
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, NCCaniac , Mon, 2 May 2016 17:03:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!