Re: the downsides of cash - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I bury my money in old coffee cans in various parts of my back yard.
I also buy obscure baseball cards to use in the barter economy that will certainly come tomorrow. ;o)
In all seriousness, I'm okay with cash, but in an ideal world, I'd like to meet the buyer/seller, drive the car, drive to my/their bank or credit union and see a cashier's check be drawn in person. Sometimes (usually) that isn't possible.
I've sold two cars over state lines (California to MA and CO), entirely by phone and email. In one case, I got a personal check for a deposit, then weeks later, when the shipping company arranged transport, I got the rest as a PayPal transfer. The other was entirely through PayPal, with confirmed address and contact info. Both of these were rare Saabs, so I could tell that they were serious because they knew as much about the cars as I did (SPG and 9000 Aero).
'06 9-5 Combi, AT, Polar/Black
'03 9-5 Aero Wagon, AT, Steel/Charcoal
'00 9-3 Viggen, 5D, Silver/Black
'93 9000 Aero, 5MT, Cirrus/Black (Owned this one twice)
'04 9-5 Aero Wagon, AT, Nocturne/Granite
'86 900 SPG, 5MT, Edwardian/Buffalo Grey
Posts in this Thread:
- Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Scott Paterson , Mon, 2 May 2016 16:48:01
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, EGD , Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:35:02
- The Best Non-Cash nswer To Date: Wiring with Routing Number... More..., Scott Paterson , Thu, 22 Oct 2020 16:34:13
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, 900T , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 10:46:51
- Certified Check or certified check plus cash, Scott Paterson , Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:37:53
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, et all, neil dale , Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:48:15
- Escrow.com, Scott Paterson , Sat, 7 Apr 2018 10:38:48
- Bank Wire, Scott Paterson , Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:05:44
- Escrow.com, Scott Paterson , Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:32:39
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Dean, Thu, 5 May 2016 08:05:17
- Certified check + call to bank, RodM, Wed, 4 May 2016 14:33:451
- Been on both ends..., Skip, Tue, 3 May 2016 17:28:26
- the downsides of cash, Snowmobile , Tue, 3 May 2016 07:43:16
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Dan-O, Tue, 3 May 2016 06:29:34
- As you said, cash is king, JerseySaab , Mon, 2 May 2016 17:31:12
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, NCCaniac , Mon, 2 May 2016 17:03:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!