Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
This question comes into my inbox regularly and I thought I'd ask all of you what you think.
What's the best way/form to accept payment when selling a Saab? I know that cash is really king... if you have the cash, you have the cash. I just helped a friend transact a cross country Saab purchase (he was in CT buying a car in CA) and he sent me the money via PayPal and I deposited it into my bank account, made a withdrawal, and paid the seller in cash. Case Closed. But if you cannot do a cash transaction, what do you think is the best way to do it? I know for a fact, since I did this with one of the known fake/counterfeit cashier's checks I received from an obvious scammer from Nigeria that it can take ten days for a counterfeit check to come back as such. My bank made the funds available to me in two days, as is required by law here in California, but eight days later when it came back counterfeit, they deducted the funds from my account. However, the scammer had no interest in picking up my [fake] car for sale, but had done the overpay scam and just wanted me to send the difference back before the check came back as counterfeit, so we can eliminate any overpay scams as that's an obvious red flag... What do you think about this/what type of payments/practices are acceptable to you?
p.s. Added 3/17/21: I think this is the best answer:
The Best Non-Cash Answer To Date: Wiring with Routing Number... More...
Also, I've never seen a scammer check to date that was the exact price of the Saab... They have 100% always been for more to try scam you out of the different. You can ready about scam warnings in the following threads:
1973 Saab Sonett III (Current)
1983 Saab 900 Turbo
1985 Saab 900 Sedan
1990 Saab 900
1992 Saab 900S
1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (RIP 95K/Accident-guy ran stop sign)
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (Current)
2007 Saab 9-3 SportCombi
2010 Saab 9-3X Wagon (Wife's Current)
Winner 1996 Saab Owners Convention Rally Novice Class
Winner 1999 Saab Owners Convention Rally (All Classes)
Posts in this Thread:
- Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Scott Paterson , Mon, 2 May 2016 16:48:01 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, EGD , Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:35:02
- The Best Non-Cash Answer To Date: Wiring with Routing Number... More..., Scott Paterson , Thu, 22 Oct 2020 16:34:131
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, 900T , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 10:46:51
- Certified Check or certified check plus cash, Scott Paterson , Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:37:53
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, et all, neil dale , Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:48:15
- Escrow.com, Scott Paterson , Sat, 7 Apr 2018 10:38:48
- Bank Wire, Scott Paterson , Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:05:44
- Escrow.com, Scott Paterson , Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:32:39
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Dean, Thu, 5 May 2016 08:05:17
- Certified check + call to bank, RodM, Wed, 4 May 2016 14:33:451
- Been on both ends..., Skip, Tue, 3 May 2016 17:28:26
- the downsides of cash, Snowmobile , Tue, 3 May 2016 07:43:16
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Dan-O, Tue, 3 May 2016 06:29:34
- As you said, cash is king, JerseySaab , Mon, 2 May 2016 17:31:12
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, NCCaniac , Mon, 2 May 2016 17:03:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!