OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I know, I know, I try to buy from this retailer as little as possible but read on please.
I am looking for P235/45R17 tires. My preferred tire is the Continental DWS06 based on very favorable experience with this tire's predecessor. All Continentals also have a $70 rebate for set of four that is not included in below pricing.
Discount Tire Direct - $654 delivered, mounting and balancing extra
Discount Tire Local Store - parking lot full and line out the door at 8:30 this morning
Belle Tire On-Line - $657 delivered to local store AND mounted & balanced
Tire Rack - $595 delivered, mounting and balancing extra
Sam's Club - No Continental but similar grade Michelins, Pirellis and Goodyear were all past $700 with mounting and balancing and subtracting rebates.
WalMart - $560 delivered to store, mounting an balancing extra.
Belle Tire On-Line is my best price so far except for WalMart. But does WalMart do a variation of the "Bait and Switch" whereby they sell the tires cheap but inflate the price of mounting and balancing? Plus, I would have to deal with Walmart. Their $100 cost delta vs Belle Tire On-Line could be eaten up pretty quick by higher mounting costs, plus I would have to deal with all the 'joys' of shopping at WalMart.
I think I already know my selection, but has anyone purchased tires at WalMart?
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, MI-Roger , Sat, 12 Nov 2016 08:59:08 <-- Viewing This Message
- Final analysis, MI-Roger , Sat, 19 Nov 2016 05:26:24
- Buy remote, have indy install, Noel , Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:23:36
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, IndySaaber , Fri, 18 Nov 2016 05:31:58
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, Jeremy R., Mon, 14 Nov 2016 16:39:59
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, Mike B, Sun, 13 Nov 2016 08:59:29
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, Steve Mac, Sun, 13 Nov 2016 07:28:51
- Thanks for all the inputs, MI-Roger , Sat, 12 Nov 2016 16:54:41
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, Dennis_MA, Sat, 12 Nov 2016 11:15:511
- Just did last week..., Tulsaab , Sat, 12 Nov 2016 10:34:46
- I only buy tires from Discount Tire, WalMart, or Sears, Name Left Blank, Sat, 12 Nov 2016 09:46:33
- Nothing wrong with WalMart - no bait and switch, AeroBaron, Sat, 12 Nov 2016 09:34:291
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, cheaptech , Sat, 12 Nov 2016 09:06:12
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!