Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
7/20: Saab Convention Photos |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | BBFAQ |
Prev by Date | Next by Date | Post Followup ]
Member Login / Signup - Members see fewer ads. - Latest Member Gallery Photos
Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?
Posted by Jeremy R. [Email] (more from Jeremy R.) on Mon, 14 Nov 2016 16:39:59
In Reply to: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, MI-Roger [Profile/Gallery]
, Sat, 12 Nov 2016 08:59:08
I bought tires through Wal-Mart for my wife's Focus a couple of years ago because they were the cheapest and installation costs were reasonable. We also had them install tires on our 9-5 Aero two weeks ago that were bought from Discount Tire Direct on eBay. They charged $80.00 with no added fees and no hassle. The wheels weren't scratched, and the tire pressure was exactly what it was supposed to be. I recently had Costco install tires on my 1997 900, which is lowered with a full Viggen bodykit. The front counter guy was a royal dick about every little thing, but the guy who actually did the install was very nice, and spent quite a bit of time getting the lift arms adjusted so that they wouldn't touch the car's bodywork. Costco only charged $60.00, and didn't try to upsell anything, either. The last time I had Discount Tire install tires, they scratched two of my 17" double three-spoke wheels. That was pretty careless, but they did send me to a good wheel refinishing guy and paid to have both of them refinished.
posted by 50.205.14...
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, MI-Roger , Sat, 12 Nov 2016 08:59:08
- Final analysis, MI-Roger , Sat, 19 Nov 2016 05:26:24
- Buy remote, have indy install, Noel , Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:23:36
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, IndySaaber , Fri, 18 Nov 2016 05:31:58
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, Jeremy R., Mon, 14 Nov 2016 16:39:59 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, Mike B, Sun, 13 Nov 2016 08:59:29
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, Steve Mac, Sun, 13 Nov 2016 07:28:51
- Thanks for all the inputs, MI-Roger , Sat, 12 Nov 2016 16:54:41
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, Dennis_MA, Sat, 12 Nov 2016 11:15:511
- Just did last week..., Tulsaab , Sat, 12 Nov 2016 10:34:46
- I only buy tires from Discount Tire, WalMart, or Sears, Name Left Blank, Sat, 12 Nov 2016 09:46:33
- Nothing wrong with WalMart - no bait and switch, AeroBaron, Sat, 12 Nov 2016 09:34:291
- Re: OT: Anyone buy tires from WalMart?, cheaptech , Sat, 12 Nov 2016 09:06:12
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!