Re: Has anyone bought a car out of state and driven it back to MA? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Has anyone bought a car out of state and driven it back to MA?
Posted by Craig [Email] (more from Craig) on Thu, 4 May 2017 13:13:41
In Reply to: Has anyone bought a car out of state and driven it back to MA?, turrbo [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 3 May 2017 11:07:54
I lived in NC for many years. The plates stay with the owner and there's no provision for temporary plates except from a dealer, so there's no legal way to buy a car from a private party and drive it home. Plates are issued instantly with a title transfer at license plate agencies (different office than the DMV) so people often meet there to do the paper work, but that doesn't help you as an out of state buyer. Unless your current state can issue a temporary tag or you can borrow a dealer plate from someone you're basically hosed as far as NC is concerned. Other than getting insurance and a bill of sale and taking a chance driving it without plates, or really taking a chance driving with another car's plates, I'm not sure what to recommend.
posted by 66.91.28...
Posts in this Thread:
- Has anyone bought a car out of state and driven it back to MA?, turrbo , Wed, 3 May 2017 11:07:54
- bought a car in florida brother drove it to arizona he made it ok !, neil dale , Thu, 4 May 2017 22:02:15
- Thanks for all the tips!, turrbo , Thu, 4 May 2017 21:23:58
- Buy most cars out of state - but NEVER drove one back, thatbobguy , Thu, 4 May 2017 18:04:20
- Re: Has anyone bought a car out of state and driven it back to MA?, Craig, Thu, 4 May 2017 13:13:41 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Has anyone bought a car out of state and driven it back to MA?, EGD , Wed, 3 May 2017 21:02:05
- Re: Has anyone bought a car out of state and driven it back to MA?, Tom G , Wed, 3 May 2017 13:19:18
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
- Prev by Date:
Håkan Wieberg, Swedish Pro-Tech, Inc., Hermosa Beach, CA, James Bridges, Thu, 4 May 2017 12:20:32
- Next by Date:
Re: Has anyone bought a car out of state and driven it back to MA?, Craig, Thu, 4 May 2017 13:23:26
- Main General Bulletin Board
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!