Seconded - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Earlier this year I replaced my 9000 Aero with a 2012 A4 quattro.
I have to say the A4 is an insanely nice car with the same "nice European feel" as the 9K. It runs and drives beautifully, and handles very well without a punishing ride. Being a sedan the one definite disadvantage it has compared to the Aero is cargo-carrying capability. You can't fit a snowblower in the back like you can in the 9000 hatch, although I will say for its size the A4 does have a very large trunk. And it's also available in a wagon version although they're hard to find used.
For me a huge factor is the ability to do DIY repairs. For most modern cars you're not going to be able to do much more than basic repairs without a computer to talk to the car's systems. If you're a DIY'er looking at a BMW or Mercedes, look into the cost of the computer you need to work on them... most have 5-digit prices and many require a $xxxx/year software subscription to keep working. If you have a VW or Audi you can buy a $200 interface (Google "VCDS") that will do everything you'd ever want. To me that's a huge factor.
->Posting last edited on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 05:11:47.
'90 Audi 80 quattro (modded to death), '12 Audi A4 quattro (stock for now)
Gone but not forgotten:
'72 99, '77 99 (became a turbo, twice)
'80 900T 5-door, '81 900T, '86 900S (became a turbo), '86 900 SPG
'86 9000, '97 9000 Aero
A bunch of Audis, '69 Firebird, '64 Toyota Corona (first car, cost $35 and worth every penny)
Be alert... America needs more lerts!
Posts in this Thread:
- Replacement for my saab, feq451, Sat, 22 Jul 2017 14:32:02
- I've had 20+ cars, and not one has really replaced my saab..., Johnson, Wed, 6 Sep 2017 15:30:35
- You can laugh but..., Cary, Mon, 7 Aug 2017 16:09:13
- Finally replaced my Saab with a BMW 320i, Sam8, Fri, 4 Aug 2017 13:31:34
- Re: Replacement for my saab an Alfa Romeo ! seriously !, neil dale , Fri, 28 Jul 2017 23:29:371
- Re: Replacement for my saab, 2002Viggen, Wed, 26 Jul 2017 15:49:30
- Re: Replacement for my saab, Pete , Tue, 25 Jul 2017 19:34:58
- Volvo S60/V60, EGD , Mon, 24 Jul 2017 02:12:08
- Re: Replacement for my saab, BarryMabel , Sun, 23 Jul 2017 08:57:20
- Another SAAB!, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sun, 23 Jul 2017 02:17:331
- Re: Another SAAB! yes ! buy all the used ones now if you can !, neil dale , Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:55:311
- Problem is, Feq451, Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:29:49
- I like the tech package in my 1989 c900..., Snowmobile , Wed, 26 Jul 2017 19:46:231
- Behind? behind who? didn't know it's a competition, GFW3pedals , Wed, 26 Jul 2017 06:00:111
- I don't see a problem, JerseySaab , Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:08:45
- $29,990 Regal Sportback +7 cu ft on a 9000., Norm9-5, Tue, 25 Jul 2017 17:41:33
- Didn't GM just sell Opel to Peugeot?, SRS900S, Thu, 27 Jul 2017 19:09:37
- Even cheaper than that, starts under $26K, A1-turbo, Wed, 26 Jul 2017 07:26:29
- Re: $29,990 Regal Sportback +7 cu ft on a 9000., Keith, Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:24:27
- probably what we will do, Snowmobile , Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:21:30
- Love my A4, DE , Sat, 22 Jul 2017 15:39:37
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!