I'm not an early adopter and think Teslas are - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
crazily over-priced, but I understand the company's need to cover some development costs. Maybe in 5 years they will be more reasonable, and by then there will also be more EV options.
Even assuming I could pony up the cash for one, our long trips of the year (done 3-4 times annually) are 725 mile runs from southern NH to the south shore of Nova Scotia. There is one Tesla Supercharging station on the route, somewhere in Bangor, Maine, but that is not even half way. There are no Tesla chargers in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, so we'd have to find a place to pull in and charge the car for a few hours. Since we can do the trip now with one 5-10 minute fuel stop (plus a couple for coffee and bio breaks) an EV just won't work. Maybe in a few years.
I really like the Tesla S and its technology, but it's just not ready for prime time at our house.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Polite question to the Tesla S Owners here, MI-Roger , Fri, 9 Feb 2018 09:50:56
- Yes, the range is true, vvk, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:50:33
- Re: OT: Polite question to the Tesla S Owners here, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 9 Feb 2018 19:52:13
- The problem with EV ranges...., Noel , Fri, 9 Feb 2018 14:16:10
- These kinds of trips are no problem at all, vvk, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:55:20
- Re: The problem with EV ranges...., EGD , Sun, 11 Feb 2018 18:16:18
- Idle fees, A1-turbo, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:07:24
- Re: The problem with EV ranges...., Snowmobile , Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:03:34
- Re: The problem with EV ranges...., Craig, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:05:15
- I'm not an early adopter and think Teslas are, Noel , Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:28:05 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: I'm not an early adopter and think Teslas are, No Snaab, Sat, 10 Feb 2018 15:58:01
- It depends. We can do the whole run in one day, Noel , Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:09:35
- I agree 100%, MI-Roger , Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:54:48
- Sad reality of vehicle range, MI-Roger , Sun, 11 Feb 2018 08:53:40
- 4 mph, vvk, Wed, 14 Feb 2018 04:02:33
- lease does not make any sense, vvk, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:02:47
- autopilot, Snowmobile , Tue, 13 Feb 2018 07:16:49
- Plug-In Hybrids, i.e. Chevy Volt, Bill Homer, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:38:341
- Chevrolet Bolt, A1-turbo, Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:53:09
- Re: Sad reality of vehicle range, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:44:19
- Current Tesla ranges, A1-turbo, Fri, 9 Feb 2018 12:02:13
- Re: OT: Polite question to the Tesla S Owners here, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 9 Feb 2018 09:54:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!