For sure, but - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
For sure, but
Posted by vvk (more from vvk) on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 06:12:33
In Reply to: But they ARE a problem., Noel [Profile/Gallery]
, Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:26:06
Absolutely, if there are no superchargers on the way, you are not able to make that drive. A few points, if I may:
-- you make that drive only a few times a year. The rest of the year you would benefit tremendously from using an EV. You can rent or you can use a second car.
-- supercharger network is growing by leaps and bounds. You will probably be able to drive that route in the future.
-- public chargers are added every day. Perhaps there is a CHADEMO charger on the way? Use plugshare.com to look that up.
Cars are expensive these days. A BASE two seat pickup is $30k with no options. A Honda Civic is $30k. The price of an average new car is $35k. A perfectly practical EV with 200+ mile range is $35k minus federal and state tax credits (Chevy Bolt.) A used Tesla Model S is $40k and that car has aluminum body and is rated for 500k miles. A used EV for around town use is $5-7k. Yes, a new Tesla Model S/X is fairly expensive at around $70k minus government incentives but you have to take into account fuel savings. And that price is not all that high these days. Plenty of people have one kid and buy a $70k SUV as a family car. I am talking Ford/Chevy here, not Lexus or Mercedes.
posted by 38.126.150...
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Polite question to the Tesla S Owners here, MI-Roger , Fri, 9 Feb 2018 09:50:56
- Yes, the range is true, vvk, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:50:33
- Re: OT: Polite question to the Tesla S Owners here, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 9 Feb 2018 19:52:13
- The problem with EV ranges...., Noel , Fri, 9 Feb 2018 14:16:10
- These kinds of trips are no problem at all, vvk, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:55:20
- Re: The problem with EV ranges...., EGD , Sun, 11 Feb 2018 18:16:18
- Idle fees, A1-turbo, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:07:24
- Re: The problem with EV ranges...., Snowmobile , Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:03:34
- Re: The problem with EV ranges...., Craig, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:05:15
- I'm not an early adopter and think Teslas are, Noel , Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:28:05
- Re: I'm not an early adopter and think Teslas are, No Snaab, Sat, 10 Feb 2018 15:58:01
- It depends. We can do the whole run in one day, Noel , Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:09:35
- I agree 100%, MI-Roger , Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:54:48
- Sad reality of vehicle range, MI-Roger , Sun, 11 Feb 2018 08:53:40
- 4 mph, vvk, Wed, 14 Feb 2018 04:02:33
- lease does not make any sense, vvk, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:02:47
- autopilot, Snowmobile , Tue, 13 Feb 2018 07:16:49
- Plug-In Hybrids, i.e. Chevy Volt, Bill Homer, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:38:341
- Chevrolet Bolt, A1-turbo, Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:53:09
- Re: Sad reality of vehicle range, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:44:19
- Current Tesla ranges, A1-turbo, Fri, 9 Feb 2018 12:02:13
- Re: OT: Polite question to the Tesla S Owners here, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 9 Feb 2018 09:54:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!