OT: Olympics and Aja Evans Seated Box Jump - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
7/20: Saab Convention Photos |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Did anyone else see the NBC Interview with Aja Evans, the pusher for one of the US Two Person Women's Bob Sled Teams on Monday night's telecast?
Imagine standing next to a standard office desk and jumping so that you landed on top of the desk. That would be a 30-inch Standing Box Jump. Even more impressive if you land on the desk flat-footed with your legs at near full extension.
Now imagine doing the same thing from a seated position in a chair two feet from the desk. Exploding from the seated position in a single smooth movement so that you land on top of the desk. This would be a 30-inch Seated Box Jump.
Aja executed a 60-inch Seated Box Jump, landing atop stacked Track & Field foam pads with her legs at near full extension. Yes, 60-inches, the height of two desks stacked one on top of the other! I never knew such a jump was even possible by a human. The muscular explosion necessary for this jump is required to rapidly accelerate the Bob Sled at the start of each race.
Unbelievable! I tried to find a internet clip of Monday's night's telecast but all I found were from 2014 or earlier. She has significantly improved her Seated Box Jump since then.
->Posting last edited on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 17:40:42.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Olympics and Aja Evans Seated Box Jump, MI-Roger , Tue, 20 Feb 2018 17:37:58 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: OT: Olympics and Aja Evans Seated Box Jump, cheaptech , Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:48:25
- Re: OT: Olympics and Aja Evans Seated Box Jump, Snowmobile , Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:33:52
- Individual sports are the only ones that count (IMO), Noel , Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:41:03
- Re: Individual sports are the only ones that count (IMO), Snowmobile , Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:10:53
- Something needs to be done with the sliding sports, MI-Roger , Thu, 22 Feb 2018 17:31:51
- Re: Something needs to be done with the sliding sports, cheaptech , Fri, 23 Feb 2018 08:41:34
- Re: Something needs to be done with the sliding sports, Snowmobile , Fri, 23 Feb 2018 08:26:25
- Re: New Sliding Sport -- Carling, Landjet , Fri, 23 Feb 2018 10:36:23
- Oh, DE , Fri, 23 Feb 2018 13:34:03
- Re: Oh, Landjet , Fri, 23 Feb 2018 13:48:36
- Well sure, DE , Sun, 25 Feb 2018 15:44:07
- For Pure, cheaptech , Sun, 25 Feb 2018 18:49:48
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!