Re: At my age..... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I hear you, I still have a 18 pc husky ratchet and socket set that my father bought me some 50 yrs back because I would never clean his tools when I wrenched cars - he had hundreds of tools, many sold in an estate sale when he passed, I have some of them but that husky set has outlasted other tools I have, it's not metric though and most cars I've worked on are metric.
Now as far as leaving my tools to my son - unless he has a total transformation he'd just as soon never own a tool, it's unbelievable but every time he comes home with our old 1997 Honda Passport I tell him he'd better get the alternator belt changed - it's still the orignal, 21 yrs and 180k miles. But then again much of that car is original, had to replace a starter and do the timing belt everything else just maintenance items.
Posts in this Thread:
- End of Craftsman tools with Sears?, TimN , Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:43:07
- spark plugs, a williams, Fri, 9 Nov 2018 15:19:03
- Re: End of Craftsman tools with Sears?, Larry West , Mon, 22 Oct 2018 11:55:02
- Harbor Freight, MI-Roger , Mon, 22 Oct 2018 03:36:56
- Re: End of Craftsman tools with Sears?, RS , Sun, 21 Oct 2018 06:56:50
- Re: End of Craftsman tools with Sears?, SWEDECAR , Sat, 20 Oct 2018 17:56:21
- Re: End of Craftsman tools with Sears?, Bill Homer, Sat, 20 Oct 2018 17:25:19
- Re: End of Craftsman tools with Sears?, Ian Glenday , Sat, 20 Oct 2018 15:22:38
- Re: End of Craftsman tools with Sears?, Name Left Blank, Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:59:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!