Re: Yeah - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The tax issue is another one that's going to vary by state. In NJ if you buy a car here but are a non-resident with "no place of abode" in the state, have no business office here, and will not use the vehicle for business in the state, you do not pay tax on it here. Instead you would pay any applicable tax when you take it home and title/register it in your home state. Also in NJ if you buy a car out of state and pay sales tax on it there you are credited that amount against NJ sales tax when you register it here.
Really what needs to be done is to check the applicable sales tax laws in MA and whatever state the buyer is from.
Posts in this Thread:
- Selling old car to out-of-state buyer, ELaw , Sun, 22 Sep 2019 07:43:01
- Re: Selling old car to out-of-state buyer, Tom G , Tue, 24 Sep 2019 17:49:08
- Got a reply from the DMV, ELaw , Tue, 24 Sep 2019 11:18:52
- Check the Mass DMV web site, MI-Roger , Mon, 23 Sep 2019 03:10:29
- Re: Selling old car to out-of-state buyer oh stop woryring !, neil dale , Sun, 22 Sep 2019 20:40:22
- Re: Selling old car to out-of-state buyer, Joe , Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:06:20
- Re: Selling old car to out-of-state buyer, JerseySaab , Sun, 22 Sep 2019 13:12:47
- Yeah, ELaw , Mon, 23 Sep 2019 03:57:22
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!