Re: Problem with my indy - help - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I would try to ask for a partial refund, and failing that just walk away. I would have done that after the 2nd try. $1000 is not a large repair bill these days. The last two times I've resorted to taking my car into a Saab specialist, the bills were $1400 and $2200 (US equiv). All the $1400 got me was three motor mounts and trans cooler lines. The $2200 just got me a steering u-joint, one ignition coil and a used ECU (which failed within 2 hours of driving and later had to be traded in for a "new" one for an additional $1000). You describe leaving the car there for weeks. What the heck are they doing during all that time? That alone would have prompted me to walk away. Might as well just buy another car at that point.
Posts in this Thread:
- Problem with my indy - help, NY saab, Wed, 30 Oct 2019 13:35:052
- Re: Problem with my indy - help, No Snaab, Thu, 31 Oct 2019 04:51:36
- Re: Problem with my indy - help, JerseySaab , Wed, 30 Oct 2019 13:56:53
- Re: Problem with my indy - help, NY saab, Wed, 30 Oct 2019 14:17:17
- Credit card chargeback only allowed within 120 days., dmz789qqq, Sat, 2 Nov 2019 13:34:37
- Re: Problem with my indy - help, TML , Thu, 31 Oct 2019 12:10:12 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Problem with my indy - help, JerseySaab , Wed, 30 Oct 2019 18:54:013
- Re: Problem with my indy - help, cheaptech , Wed, 30 Oct 2019 14:23:33
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!