The collectors' lament - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I think all of us who collect (hoard?) things find that as we get older we start wondering what's going to happen to our prized possessions when we are gone. Presumably people like Jay Leno have made arrangements for their collections to be cared for after their demise. But for us average schmoes all too often those things wind up being a problem to be disposed of for relatives left behind.
Aside from cars I have a huge collection of 8-track cartridges and equipment, and other items few people would have any interest in. I have no idea what to do with this stuff now, let alone wonder what's going to happen to it when I'm gone. Not to mention the old radios, TVs, record players, and more. Will probably all wind up in a landfill. A small sampling...
->Posting last edited on Thu, 11 Feb 2021 17:48:11.
Posts in this Thread:
- Saabers thought about what to do with their car when they die?, bender , Tue, 9 Feb 2021 08:34:26
- Memorial?, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Mon, 15 Feb 2021 15:07:03
- Two sons and a grandson, MI-Roger , Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:12:08
- Re: Saabers thought about what to do with their car when they die?, No Snaab, Fri, 12 Feb 2021 04:52:122
- The collectors' lament, JerseySaab , Thu, 11 Feb 2021 17:47:17 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Saabers thought about what to do with their car when they die?, DE , Tue, 9 Feb 2021 15:14:41
- Re: Saabers thought about what to do with their car when they die?, PGAero , Tue, 9 Feb 2021 09:48:07
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!