Re: Yes, I agree with you and cheaptechs re: this, but different now - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Yes, I agree with you and cheaptechs re: this, but different now
Posted by cheaptechs (more from cheaptechs) on Thu, 11 Mar 2021 14:21:08
In Reply to: Yes, I agree with you and cheaptechs re: this, but different now, MI-Roger [Profile/Gallery]
, Thu, 11 Mar 2021 11:34:34
pedestrian deaths have increased significantly in the last decade or so - it's for a variety of reasons though , some of which are caused by pedestrians:
- distracted drivers - Cellphones or other distractions
- distracted pedestrian - ditto the above, including headphones
- both drivers and pedestrians under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- where I live people habitually run red lights - so no wonder they don't come to a complete stop when turning red
- I walk with wife and cross several pedestrian crosswalks - unless you make eye contact with many drivers and keep walking into the crosswalk - many will speed up and try to beat you to the crosswalk or intimidate you into stopping and allowing them not to stop.
I chalk it up to the continued decline in lack of respect for others, certainly getting worse as the population continues to grow and yet people are more socially isolated.
I have stop/start in my Ford Ranger - disabled it after a few months but it really worked very well and any delay in restart was nearly unnoticeable.
I wouldn't necessarily discount your theory - but I've not seem it yet listed as a cause of more pedestrian encounters with autos. I have seen that the SUVs and trucks many drive result in more serious injuries or deaths than cars cause.
posted by 75.166.205...
Posts in this Thread:
- Pedestrian hazard caused by Stop-Start technology, MI-Roger , Tue, 9 Mar 2021 11:10:051
- Big hazard for cyclists, too!, westernny, Fri, 12 Mar 2021 10:24:48
- Re: Pedestrian hazard caused by Stop-Start technology, ngphill, Tue, 9 Mar 2021 17:35:45
- Re: Pedestrian hazard caused by Stop-Start technology, Keith , Tue, 9 Mar 2021 15:45:051
- Re: Pedestrian hazard caused by Stop-Start technology, EGD , Tue, 9 Mar 2021 12:41:11
- they've always done that irrespective of stop/start gizmology nm, cheaptechs, Tue, 9 Mar 2021 12:27:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!