in the top of the line models (excluding Viggen). I thought the new High pressure turbo had more HP and torque than the current 2.0l high pressure turbo. I know the base has 10 fewer horsepower than the old 185hp model, but I thought the torque was comparable or higher. How can you tell the new 9-3 is going to be slower than the current? From what I've read, performance should be as good or better with the new engines and transmissions....not to mention the new chassis alone is probably worth trading in the current 9-3 for the new one.
posted by 168.215.135...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- How far can one scale up the NEW 9-3???, 9sound, Sat, 28 Sep 2002 22:14:31
- The "old" 9-3 is faster, Mr. Science, Sat, 28 Sep 2002 23:53:54
- This thread seems to have a lot of "paper comparison", Caspar, Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:00:21
- Where did you see the torque and hp is lower..., Richard P., Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:04:56
- Not necessarily true..., AdamB , Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:00:06
- Re: The "old" 9-3 is faster, 9sound, Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:51:59
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!