x2 - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Agreed - I would stick with the factory thermostat (maybe get a new one, but factory temp) and replace that radiator.
While in motion, the only thing that should be handling the cooling is the radiator - if the engine is getting hot enough that the fans come on (which is suggested by a burning smell on the freeway...) then something is not right with the radiator.
Summers in this part of the world hover around 100F and sometimes days or weeks are even hotter. A c900 with a good, stock cooling system will handle these temps without issue - no need to mess with the settings.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), OldLinePaul , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:42:03
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), StoicBlue87 , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 21:24:00
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), ZAAB , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 05:23:21
- x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 6 Jul 2018 09:33:21 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: x2, Landjet , Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:58:59
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:37:58
- Re: x2, Landjet , Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:44:29
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:14:59
- Thanks!, OldLinePaul , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 17:18:56
- Uro, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 6 Jul 2018 20:06:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!