Moved our youngest this way - Raleigh to Boston - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
It has been 10 years but I found better pricing and equipment with Penske.
The trucks are easy to drive and mostly easy to load. I say 'mostly' because the rental place in Raleigh substituted a 28 foot truck (longer than reserved), so the length of the truck coupled with length of its ramp made it pretty long. Placement for loading and unloading was tricky.
Trucks this size require diesel but there are enough Truck Stop style gas stations along the route that you shouldn't have an issue finding fuel.
But why not US-23 from Toledo to Ann Arbor or Brighton, then I-94 from Ann Arbor to Jackson or I-96 from Brighton to Lansing, then finally US-27 North till it merges with I-75 near Grayling?
I-75 and I-275 through Detroit or Western suburbs really suck with horrendous traffic. Actually, avoid going northbound during afternoon rush hour regardless of the route you choose.
BTW - Self moving rental trucks are not allowed on the Garden State Pkwy thru New Jersey. Long story.....
->Posting last edited on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:54:00.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan
2006 9-3SC 2.0T
2000 Viggen Convertible
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, RodM, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:23:57
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, cheaptech , Thu, 14 Mar 2019 12:01:37
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Tom G , Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:05:58
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Craig, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:41:20
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:23:53
- Have a 26" Penske truck reserved for April 18th..., RodM, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 05:15:43
- Load the Bulky Items First, K W, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:34:27
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Cary, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:45:12
- Moved our youngest this way - Raleigh to Boston, MI-Roger , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:44:31 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, 02 Viggen, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:35:04
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, JTRI , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:31:54
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, JoeHiOh Saab , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:21:35
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Tulsaab , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:08:51
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!