Load the Bulky Items First - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
Load the Bulky Items First
Posted by K W (more from K W) on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:34:27
In Reply to: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, RodM, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:23:57
I bought my first Saab in 1979 , the same year I started working at a small moving company . I would drive my 1974 99le to work , then get into a 1970 or so Mack or International Harvestor moving van and move people and their stuff . Started out as a great summer job in High School , then College , ended up driving over a million miles over almost 30 years . Must have moved thousands of shipments . Still drive a Saab , but am trying not to do moving , as much anymore .
So , here is my best advice . Load the Large and bulky items first , and fill around them with the odd and small stuff . Don't overlook something like an extension ladder , hang it up against the truck wall with bungies or tie straps . Save any heavy items to load later over the rear axle . Take apart things like shelving and table legs , use a tape measure and load everything tightly . Use tie straps and secure the load as you fill the truck .
Good news is you are moving short haul and on flat land .
As to what truck to rent , I can say that U-haul has upgraded their fleet , and Penske does have the more Commercial grade truck . U-haul trucks are much lower tailgate height , the Penske is going to be a much taller truck . Do a pre trip inspection , don't be pressured ,get a good truck . and get the extra insurance .
Check with your Insurance company and tell them you are moving .
Best of luck !
posted by 24.18.204...
Posts in this Thread:
- Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, RodM, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:23:57
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, cheaptech , Thu, 14 Mar 2019 12:01:37
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Tom G , Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:05:58
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Craig, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:41:20
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:23:53
- Have a 26" Penske truck reserved for April 18th..., RodM, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 05:15:43
- Load the Bulky Items First, K W, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:34:27 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Cary, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:45:12
- Moved our youngest this way - Raleigh to Boston, MI-Roger , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:44:31
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, 02 Viggen, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:35:04
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, JTRI , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:31:54
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, JoeHiOh Saab , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:21:35
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Tulsaab , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:08:51
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!