Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I drove an '01 2.3t wagon for 10 years and had alot of problems in the first 40k miles, but these cars obviously have survived that. Presumably the DI cassette has been replaced in these cars, but you should make sure the one in the car is one of the acceptable later models. Sounds like the PCV is OK (mine failed twice). My turbo also failed at about 40K miles, and this was pretty common in those cars. My car had alot of body roll and alot of pepole upgraded the suspensions, but you can evaluate that. Good luck!
posted by 24.97.232...
Posts in this Thread:
- Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, WA, Thu, 30 May 2013 21:23:27
- Re:CT here too. Love my 04 Aero, Brian, Fri, 31 May 2013 15:15:48
- My opinion, and some others may disagree..., adl6009 , Fri, 31 May 2013 10:47:01
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 31 May 2013 08:38:18
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, DE , Fri, 31 May 2013 06:30:49 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, saabsince 93b , Thu, 30 May 2013 21:57:12
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, WA, Thu, 30 May 2013 22:00:47
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, Snowmobile , Fri, 31 May 2013 06:36:58
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, saabsince 93b , Fri, 31 May 2013 06:22:06
- Why?, bill h., Fri, 31 May 2013 11:11:37
- Re: Why?, Snowmobile , Fri, 31 May 2013 12:04:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!