Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! Win a $133 Gift Card! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
If a good saab indy has gone over the car already and it is in generally good shape with pcv #6, then if the price is reasonable, I wouldn't be too concerned about the older years. 2001 was the last of the original design and received a bunch of bug fixes/improvements. Later vin numbers will have more of those. Imho the original 9-5 design is the best aesthetically and it predates the GM decontenting... however, there are extra niggly things that may come up vs 04+ like the SID etc... but I wouldn't worry too much... check it over for rust, especially the door sills and just in front of the rear fenders. check ride height and tire wear patterns (beware of inside edge tire wear)... these things are common to all 9-5's.
Linear was 185hp LPT. Aeros have more power (high pressure turbo) which you may or may not need, but they also have the TD04 turbo which is more robust than the Garret... the garret can be replaced with a TD04 when it fails, but that alone won't make it perform like an Aero..
low miles on these cars is generally not what one should be looking for as it may suggest many short trips, which is hard on a turbo engine... but if they are indeed sludge free and were previously good, then I wouldn't be too concerned - it's just a statistical thing.
->Posting last edited on Fri, 31 May 2013 06:43:39.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, WA, Thu, 30 May 2013 21:23:27
- Re:CT here too. Love my 04 Aero, Brian, Fri, 31 May 2013 15:15:48
- My opinion, and some others may disagree..., adl6009 , Fri, 31 May 2013 10:47:01
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 31 May 2013 08:38:18
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, DE , Fri, 31 May 2013 06:30:49
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, saabsince 93b , Thu, 30 May 2013 21:57:12
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, WA, Thu, 30 May 2013 22:00:47
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, Snowmobile , Fri, 31 May 2013 06:36:58 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Looking at a few 2001 9-5's (2.3t) would like some help, saabsince 93b , Fri, 31 May 2013 06:22:06
- Why?, bill h., Fri, 31 May 2013 11:11:37
- Re: Why?, Snowmobile , Fri, 31 May 2013 12:04:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!