Re: Fuel Pump. Preventative Maintenance? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Since it is a pain to replace the pump on an 07 9-5 I would probably wait and instead beef up on your AAA towing coverage.
If you have a friendly shop nearby you could have them do an amperage ripple test of the fuel pump signal and that might show if the pump is starting to go bad.
Left photo is of a bad pump that could stop at any time and right one a good.
->Posting last edited on Wed, 22 Apr 2015 09:05:40.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Fuel Pump. Preventative Maintenance?, JonInAtl, Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:30:16
- Thanks for all the great info!!!, JonInAtl, Fri, 24 Apr 2015 04:06:13
- We did an exhaustive survey a few years back..., Stephen Goldberger, Thu, 23 Apr 2015 07:06:23
- Re: Fuel Pump. Preventative Maintenance?, Doug W , Wed, 22 Apr 2015 16:47:04
- Re: Fuel Pump. Preventative Maintenance?, Aero~0657, Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:30:29
- Re: Fuel Pump. Preventative Maintenance?, used2bcheaptech, Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:20:16
- Yes, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:14:19
- Re: Fuel Pump. Preventative Maintenance?, bobc , Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:55:00
- Re: Fuel Pump. Preventative Maintenance?, SWEDECAR , Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:07:05 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Fuel Pump. Preventative Maintenance?, EGD , Wed, 22 Apr 2015 07:01:15
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!