Re: Head problems, never seen this before - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Yes the shop was pretty straightforward about what happened. All 3 times he did it they were warranty sludge motor repairs. They did not believe me that is was the tech's fault and insisted they that it was either cam or gear issues. In each case they sent the heads out had the guides and valves replaced and replaced the intake cam and gear.
I argued it was the tech's fault and they should fire him because it was not the quality of work we should be providing. You have to understand at that time we were doing atleast 1 sludge engine every week. We had four Saab tech's and we alternated doing the engines and the only ones that ever had this issue were his. I was the head tech and worked hard on getting us a good reputation. Good Luck, Bernie
George Riggin Specialty Automotive
1993 900 Turbo Conv.
1993 900 Turbo Conv. Auto
2003 9-3 Conv
2004 9-5 Arc Sedan
2005 9-3 SS 4 door
2005 9-3 SS Conv
2007 9-5 Aero Sedan
1986 900 Turbo Conv
A few parts cars also
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Head problems, never seen this before, T.S., Wed, 3 Feb 2016 16:56:56
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, Bernie , Wed, 3 Feb 2016 17:27:17
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, cheaptech , Thu, 4 Feb 2016 05:32:44
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, T.S., Fri, 5 Feb 2016 05:36:27
- Don't quite understand the line of thinking here, SWEDECAR , Sat, 6 Feb 2016 10:49:12
- Agreed, MI-Roger , Sun, 7 Feb 2016 05:40:31
- just call your cc company and deny the charge, Mark from Toronto, Sat, 6 Feb 2016 09:53:08
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, steve, Fri, 5 Feb 2016 08:07:41
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, Bernie , Thu, 4 Feb 2016 18:55:08
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, bruceM, Thu, 4 Feb 2016 13:43:48
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!