Re: Head problems, never seen this before - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Bernie I'm curious how the shop handled the damaged engine - were they upfront with the customers about what happened and gave the customer any options as to fixing head or providing a new one or did they just get the car repaired and back to the customer without communicating the extent of the damage.
Mistakes happen but whenever I've worked on valve trains, be chain or belt proper care has to be taken. I rolled a chain in on my 1999 9-5 maybe 6 yrs back and removed the cam sprockets and camshafts and the sprockets were straightforward to re-install. But I'm not on a shop clock so I could take my time.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Head problems, never seen this before, T.S., Wed, 3 Feb 2016 16:56:56
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, Bernie , Wed, 3 Feb 2016 17:27:17
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, cheaptech , Thu, 4 Feb 2016 05:32:44
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, T.S., Fri, 5 Feb 2016 05:36:27
- Don't quite understand the line of thinking here, SWEDECAR , Sat, 6 Feb 2016 10:49:12
- Agreed, MI-Roger , Sun, 7 Feb 2016 05:40:31
- just call your cc company and deny the charge, Mark from Toronto, Sat, 6 Feb 2016 09:53:08
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, steve, Fri, 5 Feb 2016 08:07:41
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, Bernie , Thu, 4 Feb 2016 18:55:08
- Re: Head problems, never seen this before, bruceM, Thu, 4 Feb 2016 13:43:48
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!