Re: 3.0 in 2004? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Agreed. The high pressure Mitsu turbo on the 4 is a great combo. Didn't the 6 have a timing belt? The 4 has a long lived chain if premium oil like Mobil 1 full synth 0w40 was used. I don't like belts on an interference fit engine due to risk of breakage and the extra cost/time of maintenance. The aero suspension may also not be the greatest choice if the roads in your area are bumpy/pot holed. It tends to be a rib bruising, lower back breaking experience, especially with low profile tyres. On smooth rides, a delight if handling is a higher priority on your decision matrix.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Thinking of a 2004 9-5, Warren, Mon, 18 May 2020 06:18:25
- Re: Thinking of a 2004 9-5, PGAero , Mon, 18 May 2020 16:10:01
- Re: Thinking of a 2004 9-5, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Thu, 21 May 2020 14:57:42
- Re: Thinking of a 2004 9-5, Name Left Blank, Mon, 18 May 2020 17:10:04
- Re: Thinking of a 2004 9-5, PGAero , Tue, 19 May 2020 16:56:47
- Spare DIC in the trunk, el. al., AeroEd , Thu, 21 May 2020 08:40:25
- Old habits..., PGAero , Thu, 21 May 2020 11:43:24
- Re: Spare DIC in the trunk, el. al., Name Left Blank, Thu, 21 May 2020 10:35:48
- 3.0 in 2004?, AeroEd , Thu, 21 May 2020 18:32:58
- Re: 3.0 in 2004?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 22 May 2020 08:17:55 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Thinking of a 2004 9-5, EGD , Mon, 18 May 2020 10:28:32
- Re: Thinking of a 2004 9-5, AeroEd , Mon, 18 May 2020 10:04:45
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!