Re: Ah Ha! - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
If you search the board you'll find some discussion from SWEDECAR and others that suggests using the 2006+ subframe bushing (12762090) in the front and rear positions and the year-specific (in your case 2004) in the center (if you are doing all 6).
The 2006+ bushings that fit the rear most and front most position are much more solid than the ones used in 2002 - 2005 and tend to wear out much less quickly. On my 2003 I replaced all 6 a number of years (and 90K miles) back and they still seem to be going strong (car has 291K on it now)
SWEDECAR has some images of the different bushings posted if you search
Good luck ~pme
Posts in this Thread:
- Symptoms of sub-frame bushing fatigue ??, Mike Johnson, Tue, 1 Sep 2020 14:51:44
- Re: Symptoms of sub-frame bushing fatigue ??, three_jeeps, Mon, 28 Sep 2020 09:56:35
- Re: Symptoms of sub-frame bushing fatigue ??, Jeremy R., Tue, 1 Sep 2020 15:39:10
- Re: Symptoms of sub-frame bushing fatigue ??, Chip Fichot , Wed, 2 Sep 2020 09:28:17
- Ah Ha!, Mike Johnson, Wed, 2 Sep 2020 05:35:29
- Re: Ah Ha!, pme , Wed, 2 Sep 2020 06:56:47 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Symptoms of sub-frame bushing fatigue ??, Doug W , Tue, 1 Sep 2020 20:44:38
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!