A/C Issues - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I've had my 9-5 for almost three years now and I have had issues with the A/C. Last summer it was out completely so I didn't drive it much, and I really want to enjoy driving it this summer especially with everything opening up.
The first Indy I took it to charged the system but didn't find any leaks and identified that it is common to have to have a recharge done every year.
The second indy I took it to 2 summers ago found a leak in the evaporator and replaced that, so I had cold A/C for that summer, but by last summer it was back to lukewarm.
I'm going to bring it in to a non-Saab-specialist shop (as referenced in my post on the general BB) and they'll at least have to re-charge it if not replace whatever is leaking, if they can find a leak.
So I have two questions for the board:
- Is it common to have to have the A/C charged every year?
- I seem to remember some posts about some challenges with charging the system on these; I would hope the service techs would be experienced enough with Saabs to know those challenges, and I'm not sure if the challenges mentioned were more about why you wouldn't want to charge it yourself and that it should really be done by a pro? Basically I want to make sure I know what to mention to them to make sure they're on board with doing the job correctly.
->Posting last edited on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:12:23.
Current: 2003 9-5 Linear
- purchased Oct '18 w/ 25K miles
Past: (2) 1979 Saab 900 EMS
- My First car (1988)/had a bad electrical system
- bought second one to swap engine from first
- both scrapped but the passion wasn't
Posts in this Thread:
- A/C Issues, Chip Fichot , Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:09:37 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!