Re: Throttle Body Issues - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Yes, I think I was confused because I brought it in for what appeared to be an oil leak and the mechanic called me and told me the TB was leaking, so I didn’t think about it and why the TB would be leaking oil until I got it home and looked at the invoice and it said something about not leaking oil and then that got me thinking why would there be an oil leak from the TB? I think it also still has some sort of fluid leak.
It was exhibiting some intermittent surging/ sudden downshifting that I posted about but I’m thinking that may be related to the fact that one of the lines going into the TB wasn’t clamped down during a previous repair.
I recently moved and it’s taken me awhile to get my garage set up so the next step I’m going to take is to get it in the garage and take a look at what’s going on with the TB and I will most likely just take it off and put new seals on it rather than replace it. But if I need to I will do it myself. I can also get a better handle on the fluid leak once it’s in the garage.
I agree about the mechanic. I don’t plan in going back there. I found a shop nearby that I’ve seen some Saabs at and even the google maps picture shows a 9-5 so I’m going to talk to them about future repairs, at least the stuff I can’t or don’t want to handle myself. I wish I had an indy close by but the nearest is an hour away.
I appreciate everyone’s response and sorry about the confusion. I’ll post a follow up once I have some time to focus on it.
Current: 2003 9-5 Linear
- purchased Oct '18 w/ 25K miles
Past: (2) 1979 Saab 900 EMS
- My First car (1988)/had a bad electrical system
- bought second one to swap engine from first
- both scrapped but the passion wasn't
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Throttle Body Issues, Chip Fichot , Fri, 9 Jul 2021 08:03:20
- Re: Throttle Body Issues, AeroEd , Sat, 17 Jul 2021 14:45:13
- Re: Throttle Body Issues, siwyjohn, Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:41:131
- Re: Throttle Body Issues, Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 9 Jul 2021 13:59:32
- Re: Throttle Body Issues, Jeremy R., Fri, 9 Jul 2021 09:14:29
- Re: Throttle Body Issues, Chip Fichot , Fri, 9 Jul 2021 09:19:36
- Re: Throttle Body Issues, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:26:22
- BBA Reman?, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:31:52
- BBA-Reman Was Out of Business in Massachusetts (11/2020), BUT...., FredKolb12 , Wed, 14 Jul 2021 10:22:24
- BBA Reman?, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Wed, 14 Jul 2021 09:57:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!