Parts - Saab Saab Model 99 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
How patient are you? Ebay used to be littered with a decent selection of parts 20 years ago, but not so much anymore. Back then I was buying everything I could, and I even made half a dozen trips to the East coast to buy more. While Gary mentioned he was more into the 77 and up years, I'm more supplied for 73-76, but hardly any bits for Triumph engines. I have lenses and light assemblies, and my share of d-jet parts, as I have a d-jet car. Fortunately for me I've been running almost the same fuel injection components for 34 years without any failures, so I'm sure at this point in the game I don't need to hoard as much as I have been.
There have been challenges over the years. I searched for 7 months for two bushings for the rear axle rehab, and I've been looking for 11 years for a few pieces of chrome trim. After striking out twice this year on purchasing the chrome, I found some pieces in my stash and made them work for my application. A month later Gary found some NOS pieces out of Sweden, but I really don't need them now.
I suppose you'll have to wait until you have the car in your possession and drive it for a bit before you know what you need, and figure out what direction you want to go with it.
Posts in this Thread:
- Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Tom, Sat, 22 Aug 2020 20:11:57
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Gary Stottler , Sun, 23 Aug 2020 05:13:02
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Tom, Sun, 23 Aug 2020 05:57:09
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, DougM , Sun, 23 Aug 2020 06:46:58
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Tom, Sun, 23 Aug 2020 10:49:06
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, DougM , Sun, 23 Aug 2020 15:58:25
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Tom, Thu, 27 Aug 2020 04:28:51
- Sometimes there's also a need......., DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 05:33:09
- Re: Sometimes there's also a need......., Tom, Thu, 27 Aug 2020 06:14:18
- Re: Sometimes there's also a need......., Gary Stottler , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 06:49:19
- Re: Sometimes there's also a need......., Tom, Thu, 27 Aug 2020 07:04:01
- Tasteful mods or upgrades, DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 09:12:49
- Re: Tasteful mods or upgrades, Tom, Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:15:20
- 900 parts interchange, DougM , Sat, 29 Aug 2020 06:43:49
- more pics - '74EMS donor car, DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:54:38
- More pictures - different car, DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 15:00:45
- More pictures....., DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 14:16:20
- Re: Tasteful mods or upgrades, Gary Stottler , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:29:31
- Re: Tasteful mods or upgrades, Gary Stottler , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 09:25:13
- Parts, DougM , Sun, 23 Aug 2020 19:31:04 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!