More pictures - different car - Saab Saab Model 99 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
7/20 New Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
7/20: Saab Convention Photos |
7/11: Saab Photo of the Year Winners |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I spent 1200+ hours in 2002 restoring the blue 99 and said I didn't have the energy to do another one, but that didn't work out so well.
A 1975 99EMS one owner car with 62k miles showed up in the saabnet classifieds in late 2002, and it was only an hour away from me. Unfortunately for the original owner he let his girlfriend drive it one night and she got the car impounded because of drunk driving. The impound lot destroyed the exterior of the car. The owner got paid off by his insurance company and he sold it to one of his mechanics. The mechanic did nothing with it and the owner of the shop wanted it gone, so he sold it to me. In early 2003 I repaired all the crushed metal and replaced the passenger door and got the car painted in time for the SOC in Hershey, PA in September. It didn't win any awards because the engine bay needed detailed - it had lost 79 out of 560 points in the concourse judging. I took the car home and went to work. Engine was removed and disassembled, engine bay was stripped of the nasty undercoat and repainted, engine was detailed and reinstalled. I had the judges list of deductions and was able to whittle it down to only 19 deductions out of 560. It would have been a sure concourse winner, but I never got to show it again, and I only put about 300 miles on it in the 2 years I owned it. I was unemployed and had a house payment to make, so in September 2004 it headed West on a truck to the Seattle area to its new owner. I have never made contact with the new owner so I have no idea what has become of it.
1975 99 EMS
Posts in this Thread:
- Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Tom, Sat, 22 Aug 2020 20:11:57
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Gary Stottler , Sun, 23 Aug 2020 05:13:02
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Tom, Sun, 23 Aug 2020 05:57:09
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, DougM , Sun, 23 Aug 2020 06:46:58
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Tom, Sun, 23 Aug 2020 10:49:06
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, DougM , Sun, 23 Aug 2020 15:58:25
- Re: Will the ‘71 have a freewheeling transmission?, Tom, Thu, 27 Aug 2020 04:28:51
- Sometimes there's also a need......., DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 05:33:09
- Re: Sometimes there's also a need......., Tom, Thu, 27 Aug 2020 06:14:18
- Re: Sometimes there's also a need......., Gary Stottler , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 06:49:19
- Re: Sometimes there's also a need......., Tom, Thu, 27 Aug 2020 07:04:01
- Tasteful mods or upgrades, DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 09:12:49
- Re: Tasteful mods or upgrades, Tom, Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:15:20
- 900 parts interchange, DougM , Sat, 29 Aug 2020 06:43:49
- more pics - '74EMS donor car, DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:54:38
- More pictures - different car, DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 15:00:45 <-- Viewing This Message
- More pictures....., DougM , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 14:16:20
- Re: Tasteful mods or upgrades, Gary Stottler , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:29:31
- Re: Tasteful mods or upgrades, Gary Stottler , Thu, 27 Aug 2020 09:25:13
- Parts, DougM , Sun, 23 Aug 2020 19:31:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!